Employer: Rocketenius Inc.
Location: Remote or On-Site in Virginia Beach, VA
Date Needed: December 01, 2017
Position: Contract to Hire
Rocketgenius is a US-based company that creates popular plugins to extend WordPress. We are currently looking for a talented UI/UX designer and front-end developer to work with our team. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of how to balance design with user needs/experiences and mobile and desktop constraints.
So, with that said, we need a kick-butt designer who can take design direction, run with it and ultimately implement those design all the way from the concept phase to the completed product. If you’re qualified candidate, please polish up your portfolio and show us what you've got.
Working closely with the company directors you will be an integral part of the development process helping Rocketgenius create compelling user experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including design director, product managers, marketing team members and programming leads to ensure consistent, simple integrated brand perception and UX
- Work with existing products to update and enhance the UI/UX as well as adapt to new technologies and employ best practices
- Create and conceptualize: Wireframes, Sitemaps, Prototypes, User Research, Interactions, etc.
- Create project deliverables that clearly and persuasively communicate the UX strategy and the reasoning behind it.
- Create interactions that can be mapped directly to the business and user requirements of the project.
- Extend design and UI/UX experience to multiple touch-points such as desktop, mobile, and other devices.
- Present IA and UI/UX concepts, designs, and thought process in team meetings.
- Lead and participate in team workshops to ideate, present work and gather feedback.
- Monitor new and emerging technologies and digital UI/UX best practices.
Qualifications - Must Haves
Minimum of 2 years creative experience in a graphic design or advertising agency environment is required. Applicants without previous agency expericence may be considered if they have comparable experience and a strong portfolio. Qualified candidates for this role will possess the following education, experience and skills:
- Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Strong knowledge of interactive design
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong design portfolio
- Excellent layout, color and typography skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite - Specifically Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience designing across multiple devices and form factors (Desktop, Phones, Tablets, etc.) and platforms (Web, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently within team environments
- A commitment to high quality work and to fostering positive and productive relationships with all team members, peers, managers, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and a versatile workload, re-prioritizing when needed, communicating progress along the way, and delivering deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 4+ years professional design experience
- Experience within an web-based design agency is a plus
- GIT experience
- SASS experience
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes
- Speak fluent English
How to Apply
If you've got what it takes and want to apply for the position, simply email your resume (PDF only please), portfolio and sample URLs to email@example.com and include “Rocketgenius UI/UX Designer Position” in the subject line. Only applicants we feel are qualified will be contacted for an interview. Please no phone calls or office visits.
When applying, you must include a resume and a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in brand development and art direction. If we set up an interview, you’ll be asked to present and discuss three relevant projects. We will ask you to provide insight into your design process and include any thoughts or ideas you feel most passionately about. We want to get to know you, how you like to work and to make sure you are a good fit for our organization.
updated: December 28, 2017 12:10 PM US Eastern Time